Saturday, May 3, 2008

Nikon D300 8fps without the battery grip

Some guy figured out a way to make the D300 shot at 8 frames per second (8fps) without the battery grip! I tested it and it appears to work...



This would seem to mean that the Nikon D300 has the ability to shoot at 8fps with the regular single battery, but clipped out that functionality in a variety of places, except this one. In single shot mode, with the flash bracketing enabled, and a bracket set of 9 shots, and no flash connected, it shoots 8fps....
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

mon@rch said...

I love my D300 but 6fps vs 8fps . . . does it make that much of a difference? I do want to get a battery grip one of these days! Ok, going to watch that video now!

Nikographer said...

Yeah, I don't know when I will really need it myself, the 8fps that is. Maybe at the air show trying to get the Blue Angels when they do their tight head-on pass. But otherwise, 6fps is pretty darn fast.

I guess it's just nice to know it's there. I have it set to Bank D, and can enable it that way if I want to mess with it...