Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Out Shooting 12/23/2008 Southern Maine

I'm up in Maine for the holidays again.

The only day I've gone out shooting so far was yesterday, and I got up before sunrise and hit the coast.

Biddeford Pool, Maine.


Read on for more.


There was a Snow Owl seen here about 5 days prior. It would be so cool to see one. I spent a couple of hours driving through the area, there was still a good coating of snow on the roads.




I liked this house, that little lookout tower would be fun.



While in the Biddeford area I only spotted a handful of Starlings, and some Robins. And this hawk, possibly a Cooper's.



Then I headed over to South Portland, and on the way took a right after the river and I saw this guy, which I'm guessing is a Broad Winged Hawk.


I stopped off at Bug Light and spotted these guys following a fisherman out of the harbor.


The fence along the path out to Bug Light was covered in snow and ice. And yeah, it was freakin' cold out.



I spotted some Long Tailed Ducks


And a couple of Mergansers



Some Pilings - South Portland Maine


I need to get back out again soon, and maybe I'll get lucky and find a Snowy Owl...

-Jon


Share/Bookmark

0 comments: