Sunday, April 4, 2010

Golden Eagle Photos and Videos

From: http://natureandwildlifephotography.blogspot.com/

Seeing a Golden Eagle is a pretty rare thing for me. When I first started to see bald eagles I would mistake juvenile balds for goldens, but nowadays I am pretty familiar with the differences in their markings.

The eagle count at Blackwater Refuge this year had 7. I got this golden eagle there a little over a year ago.

Golden Eagle @ Blackwater NWR, MD 1/3/09

Golden eagles are basically huge, and can prey on things that are also surprisingly large. Check out this short clip of a deer falling prey:



And see this image from a nest with a feast of foxes (some with radio collars):



Here's a much longer video, that is almost too crazy to believe, but I think it is real and just shows how powerful the golden eagle is.



-50-




Nikographer.com / Jon

Share/Bookmark

0 comments: