Saturday, January 14, 2017

Even from a Stone - Something can Grow


I went to Shenandoah National Park 3 times in 2016, and was struck by this wall and the things growing in it.

Today I was reminded of this image. 

Even from a Stone 

There is hope and determination in these plants. 

What is now almost a couple weeks ago, I had an experience that has stuck with me, and has had a strong impact on the way I see things, and the way I reflect on the choices I have made.

Life is not a sure thing.  Tomorrow is not a given.  But we live like both are guarenteed to happen every morning when we wake up.

I got a glimpse in to something truer, briefly.  Part of me is afraid that this new insight will fade away, and I will go blissfully on expecting to get a chance to do more, to live another day, when really today is the day to live in.

What do you think?  Do you take tomorrow for granted?


Share/Bookmark

0 comments: