Friday, September 11, 2009

Year 5 Day 11 - Remembering 9/11

These are from some family slides. I scanned them a while back.

I grew up in New York and could see the towers from my home town out on Long Island...

World Trade Center - 1970's During ConstructionNYC Twin Towers - During Construction

read on for the larger images...

World Trade Center - 1970's During Construction

NYC Twin Towers - During Construction

As a photographer now I wish I had photographed the towers myself, and NYC for that matter...

And it is days in history like that, and the anniversary dates like today, that I know I need to be more disciplined when it comes to ALWAYS having a camera on me.

And it was days like the day they burried Ted Kennedy that I wish I had taken the time to photograph the event myself.

Living outside Washington D.C. I am pretty close to history being made on a regular basis - and too often I regret not documenting it. I am going to try to change that.

Fall

-Jon

Share/Bookmark

0 comments: