Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bald Eagle with a Fish

From: http://natureandwildlifephotography.blogspot.com/

Here's an eagle photo from last December taken along the Susquehanna River in Maryland. Hundreds of bald eagles migrate to the river each Fall, it's such a sight to see.

American Bald Eagle w/ Fish


These are also from Susquehanna River, which is located north of Baltimore.

Check out that crop/croup!




I recently ran in to someone who said they planned to travel to Alaska to photograph eagles. While I too have that plan I suspected they'd not been aware of the massive return of eagle numbers that are present in Maryland - so I suggest they visit Blackwater Refuge, and also the Susquehanna River both of which are in Maryland...



Fall Eagle  ♪ ♪

-Jon


Nikographer.com / Jon

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

ToadMama said...

I am envious of your Eagle shots. When I grow up, photographically speaking, I want to be just like you.

You are Flickr friends with AKDave, right? If you're going to Alaska, you have to visit him. He's not far from Homer, which is pretty much Eagle central I think.

星美 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.