Sunday, September 20, 2009

Year 5 Day 19 - A Good Little Local Spot

I've been taking it easy, and went by my little local pond today.

It's good to have a small spot like this one, where you can visit regularly and get lucky.
In The GrassGreat Blue HeronHunterLike A - Walk in the park



Over maybe a dozen visits in a month half the times I've found the Great Blue Heron. Today when I got there nothing was happening. I settled in and waited a little while and he showed up. I walked over got close and got some shots. We were doing great but then someone on a loud skateboard type thing (motorized and huge) came by and he fly away...


GBH - from today
In The Grass

Walking
Like A - Walk in the park

Hunter
Hunter

Reflected
Great Blue Heron

If I were to only have visited this spot once or twice, or always at the wrong time of day it could be overlooked as a good spot. But I've been a bunch and some times it works and some times it doesn't. If you have a small body of water nearby, check it regularly and you might be surprised what you can see.

-J

Share/Bookmark

0 comments: