Thursday, October 29, 2009

Visiting My Great Blue Heron

I've been visiting "my" GBH a couple times a week again for a couple weeks in a row, and he hasn't disappointed.

Great Blue Heron (2 pix)

read more...


He's mostly got the pond to himself.

My GBH

The lower sun angles of fall is nice as is the color of the foliage in the reflections / water...

Unlike many birds that freak at the first sight of a human, this one can be "friendly" and not bothered by people passing by or even directly interested in him.

Heron's Focus

When I visited him last night he was near his little island, and then flew around here and there, and then I approached him and he was hunting and let me get to around 10 or 15 feet.

Great Blue Heron

This is the same heron that I've been checking on since August! He's the BEST!

Great Blue Heron

-J


Share/Bookmark

0 comments: